Why does SIKU need access to your location?
SIKU uses your device’s GPS (and other location services) to record your trip’s tracks, locate your posts on the map, and alert you of important safety information. To support these features, the SIKU app accesses your location information in the background, including when you are using a different app or the screen is turned off.
To record your location in the background properly, you must set the SIKU App Location Permission in your device’s settings to “Always allow” (iPhone) or “Allow all the time” (Android).
This article will show you how to grant the SIKU App background location permission on an iPhone or Android device.
Give SIKU location permission on your iPhone
1. Go to the “Settings” App
2. Select Privacy > Location Services
3. Make sure that Location Services is turned ON.
4. Scroll down on your installed apps list and select “SIKU”.
5. Choose “Always” from the options given.
Give SIKU location permission on your Android Device
1. Go to your devices “Settings” app
2. Select “Apps”
3. Scroll through your installed apps and select “SIKU”
4. Choose “Permissions” and then “Location”
5. In the Location settings, choose “Allow all the time” from the options.